How often do I need commercial refrigeration service?
Scheduling routine maintenance services with a commercial refrigeration company is a great way to keep your refrigeration system operating smoothly. Routine maintenance can help prevent the need for emergency repairs and can drive down the amount you spend on energy and water to keep these systems running.
The answer to how often you need commercial refrigeration service ranges from once per quarter to once every six months. It depends on the kind of system and facilities you are operating.
What do you get out of regular commercial refrigeration service?
Unlike basic repair companies, a commercial refrigeration service works with you to provide long-term solutions for your refrigeration and HVAC needs. Routine maintenance can improve the lifespan of your equipment and protect your perishable goods from spoiling.
The routine maintenance we offer at CoolSys looks different for each client depending on their facilities and equipment. Often, our regular commercial refrigeration service will include:
- Checking the compressor, evaporator, wiring and other components
- Checking the coolant levels and other fluids (if applicable)
- Examining gaskets and door seals
- Deep cleaning condenser coils, drains and other components
- Monitoring and adjusting the temperature
What can happen without commercial refrigeration repair services
At the very least, without commercial refrigeration repair services, dust and dirt can build up in your system that blocks fans and vents. This makes your system work harder, driving up energy costs and affecting the lifespan of your equipment.
Additionally, without routine services, you may fail to catch and prevent the development of major problems including:
- Water leaks — water leaks are an issue because they can cause your utilities bills to go up and create potential hazards, such as slipping hazards, electrical hazards and the buildup of mold. Water leaks are usually due to a broken hose or gasket, or a clogged drain.
- Temperature leaks — Issues like doors that won’t seal properly or clogged fans can cause a drop of temperature in your refrigeration unit. This drives up your energy bills because your system works harder to keep the unit cool. It could also lead to your goods spoiling, which drives up your costs even more.
- Broken equipment — A commercial service maintenance team can spot the signs of potential errors and address them before they ever occur. This can help prevent equipment from completely breaking down, which is a major problem for your organization.
- Frost buildup — The buildup of frost and ice in your refrigerator isn’t a sign that it’s working well and things are really cold. It actually means your system is working too hard to keep things cool. Frost buildup may be the symptom of a door that won’t seal in properly and is letting in damp external air. The layer of frost or ice forces the compressors to work harder to pump out heat from your units, which drives up your costs and more quickly wears down your components.
Contact CoolSys for commercial refrigeration service
CoolSys offers regular commercial refrigeration maintenance services to help prevent the problems like those above. Are you looking for a skilled and experienced team to partner with you in your refrigeration needs? Contact us today to talk to one of our team members about what kinds of services we can offer you.